Monday, August 21, 2006

For all the online friends

Someone asked me once
about people online-
Don't I find it silly
to call them friends of mine?

I pondered the thought
for a little while-
and slung 'em a story
with a huge smile.

I wake up in the mornin
I'll tell ya what I do-
I race to my computer
to check my mail , it's true!

I open each and everyone
and reply with tender care-
maybe justa a line or two
to let 'em know I'm there!

I have seen strange things
been so many places-
Have even seen a few
of their online faces!

It doesnt matter to me
that they are far away-
Meetin' them has surely
brightened up my day!

We've shared a morning coffee
and at times we've shed a tear-
We've been there for each other.
Even played cards and drank a beer!

They are just as real to me
as you are standing there
They are always here for me
with lots of love and care.

One thing online has taught me
something I'll never forget-
There's alotta great people
out there on the net!

"How can you be friends with
someone you've never met?"
I'll smile and tell them,
"You've never been online I bet!"

So you can find me silly
if that's what ya wanna do-
But I care for them every bit
as much as I care for you!

3 comments:

SaM-GiRL said...

thats adorable...!!

Drizel said...

Grem, you would not believe I wanted to write about on line friends to tonight but I decides against it and decided to see if you wrote anything...freaken telepathy my friend...if it wasn't for being on line so much I would not have met Wesley, the man of my dreams....all of them are part of your life, you sometimes share more with them that you would anybody else.
Grem my friend, Your the best.

Gremlin said...

Could say that back to you. Driz